Salt Lake Bible College (Video)
CLOSE THIS WINDOW WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED
In this course you will learn the basics of oral communication. You will sharpen your skills by using the methods learned in this class while speaking before groups as well as exercising your one on one communication techniques. (1.5 credits)
The textbook is divided into nine sections. Not more than one section may be completed each week. At the end of each section you will stop and take the Section Test that corresponds with the section you just finished studying. All Section Tests are “open book,” which means you may use your textbook while taking the tests. You may not go on to study the next section until you have completed and submitted your homework for the current section, if any, watched all videos up to the current section of the textbook, and passed the current section test. Your attendance for the next lesson starts the DAY AFTER you have successfully passed the test for the current lesson.
The videos do not follow the textbook "numbered video" for the same "numbered lesson." Therefore, as you go through the textbook view the particular video that addresses that lesson. The videos, however, are sequential so you can start and stop them in synch with the textbook lessons.
All homework assignments must be completed and turned in before taking any Section Test or the Final Test.
Read and submit the Testing
Instructions form if you have not already done so.
- At the end of each section you will stop and take the Section Test.
Note: Homework assignments must be completed and those that are to be turned in need to be submitted before taking the section test. You will be asked on each test for any sections requiring homework, if you have completed your homework and submitted the necessary parts of it. If you have not, then you will fail the test because you will have to answer those questions "no" and the points lost for a "no" answer to either one of those two questions will make it impossible to attain a passing score. If you lie on the test about whether you have completed and/or submitted your homework, then you will not be allowed to continue taking courses and all credits accrued at SLBC will be declared null and void. In addition, your file will be marked, "Expelled for lying and cheating." The only way you will again be accepted as a student at SLBC is if you undergo a set time of counseling and rehabilitation under your pastor or his appointed representative. Test links are in the Textbook/Workbook.
- Once you have completed all sections of the textbook and passed all of the corresponding tests, and found the correct answers to any questions missed on any test, then you may Retrieve the Password and, upon receiving the Password, take the Final Test for the course. Final Test is "open book." Final Test link is in the Textbook/Workbook.
- SIGN-IN first for this course and mark the form "Begin" unless you have done so previously.
The minimum required attendance for this course is nine weeks.
Because of the homework requirements, no less than nine weeks attendance is allowed.
The minimum attendance per section/lesson is one week.
- Download and print the COURSE RECORD FORM. On it you will keep a record of your sign in "Begin" date because you will be required to enter it on the Sign In "Finish" form that you will submit at the end of the entire course. You will also keep other pertinent information on that form such as date and score for each test so that you will be able to keep track of your progress through the course.
PLAGIARISM WARNING: Read this warning before proceeding. To access warning page, click HERE
Video Lectures can be accessed below.
(Be sure your Administrative/Production fee is current before you start this course.)
Speaking by Dr. T.E. VanBuskirk.
If you do not know how to view the Lecture and the Workbook side by side, an INSTRUCTION VIDEO is available to show you this process.
Should you want to print the workbook and use it for study, that is quite acceptable. Simply follow along in it while viewing the appropriate lesson video.
If you would like a copy to print for your library, click the following link: Public Speaking - This is a pdf copy for printing only. No test links are included in this copy.
Ten is the
last video for this course.
Please complete the rest of your Workbook while observing the attendance requirement and completing any Tests.
Finish Sign In Form:
When you have completed the Workbook you must submit a Finish Sign In Form before proceeding to take the Final Test.
Link to the form is in the Textbook.
- Once you have completed all sections of the workbook and passed all Section Quizzes, watched all the corresponding videos up to and including the Final Video, you may take the Final Test for the course. The Password Request Form link and the link to the Final Test are in the Textbook.
- Once you pass the final test do not take it again.
- If you fail the final test then you need to restudy the workbook and your KJV Bible and then retake the final test on or after the day following your previous attempt. Repeat this process until you pass the Final Test.
You MAY NOT take the final test, or any other test in any course, more than once on any one day but must wait until the next day to repeat the test.
- If you miss any questions on the Final Test, even though you received a passing score, then you need to review the textbook, workbook, and your KJV Bible and find the correct answers to the questions you missed.
This Final Test is "open book."
That means you can use all study materials while taking the test.
There is a 60 minute time limit on the test.
Passing score is 100%.
link to the Finish Sign In Form is in the Textbook.
The link to the Password Request Form is in the Textbook.
The link to the Final Test is also in the Textbook.