Salt Lake Bible College (Video)
CLOSE THIS WINDOW WHEN FINISHED
This is a First Level required course.
ARE NO VIDEO LECTURES FOR THIS COURSE
It is a self-study of the topic of Baptism.
you were accepted as a student AFTER September 19, 2013 you cannot take your
from this current site. You must take all tests, submit all forms, and conduct all other college business
through the SLBC Moodle site at http://slbcrecords.org The only exception is students that were
specifically approved for a Special Course of Study. If you did not submit a Special Course of
Study form and have it accepted by SLBC, then you are NOT on that program and cannot take
your courses from this current site. If you were accepted as a student after September 19, 2013
and you have not been accepted for a Special Course of Study, DO NOT take your courses
from this current site. If you do, your submissions CANNOT be credited to your file.
Only tests and forms submitted directly from and to the Moodle site are written to
be handled by the automated Moodle system.
What is baptism?
Where did it come from?
Who has the authority to administer it?
What is the proper mode for baptism?
What does it accomplish?
and other questions will be addressed in this course.
Baptism course is worth 1 credit.
sure you read the testing
instructions if you have not already done so.
All section tests are open book, which means you can use
your textbook while taking the test. The Final Test is a closed book
test, which means you can not use
your textbook or any other material, nor can you have anyone help you in any
way with the test. It must be taken from memory alone. The terms
of a closed book test are explained on the Closed Book Test Contract Form
which must be submitted prior to taking the Final Test in order to obtain
the password for the test.
If you fail a test, you MAY NOT attempt that test again on the same day. You must restudy the textbook/workbook and find all of the correct answers to the questions missed and then retake the test no sooner than the next day.
- Name entry on tests: Students are required to use proper letter-case when inputting their names on all submissions to the college. Example: If your name is John Smith, then input John Smith, not john smith or JOHN SMITH. If you do not use proper letter-case when you input your name on a test, then the test will be Disallowed and discarded.
tests: Sometimes tests do not submit properly.
This can be due to a glitch in the test, a problem with your computer, or an
Internet problem. Therefore, students are required to save a copy of
the Results Page of every test that they take. This is necessary so
that if a test does not submit properly the student will have a copy of the
Results page to submit to us upon our request. (Do NOT send it unless
we request that you do so.) The copy of the Results Page can then be
placed in your academic file in lieu of the actual test.
You can click HERE for instructions for saving a copy of the Results Page to your computer. You may want to print out a copy of those instructions or else you can save an electronic copy to your computer.
Required minimum Attendance for the course is 8 weeks.
Required minimum Attendance per Lesson is 1 week.
Download and print out a copy of the required Course Record form on which you will record the minimum attendance and other information for this course. You will need this information for later forms.
2. Please submit a Begin Sign In form to officially begin your attendance for this course.
3. You must look up, in your KJV Bible, all scriptures referenced in this study. This is to include all scriptures that may be wholly or partially quoted in the textbook and/or in the auxiliary reading textbook. Reading them as quoted in either of the two textbooks will not fulfill this requirement. The scriptures must be looked up and read in the KJV Bible in order to fulfill this requirement in this and all other courses studied with our online college.
avoid any confusion on the attendance/study/testing requirements
for this course, please read and make a note of the following!
Student may not complete more than one section of the textbook
in any one week period and must look up every scripture
referenced in it in the King James Bible. Reading scriptures
quoted in the textbook will not fulfill the "look up every
scripture referenced" requirement. Scriptures must be
looked up and read from the KJV Bible even if the
scripture is wholly quoted in the textbook.
Student may NOT turn in tests at less than 1 week, that is 7 day,
intervals. Tests are to be submitted on or after the 7th day after
the day the student has passed the previous test in the course.
The 7 day period required between tests begins the day after
passing a test and not on the day the test was passed. If
you begin a lesson on Sunday, then you may take the
test for that lesson on or after the next Saturday.
Then you begin your next lesson on the day
after you pass the test which, if you adhere
to this schedule, means you begin your
next lesson, again, on Sunday and
take the test for it on or after
the following Saturday.
Any tests turned in before the 7 day period has elapsed
will be disallowed and discarded and the student
will have to repeat the test at the proper time.
All tests are
"open book" tests. Because they are "open
book" tests, then the answers must be the exact
wording of the textbook or the KJV Bible,
whichever is appropriate.
Both books are required reading.
textbook is: Questions
Concerning Baptism by Dr. James Wilkins.
This textbook is in pdf format.
You will finish this textbook one Lesson per week and return to this page to take the
corresponding Lesson Tests which are listed under point #5 below.
The book is available as a smaller download file in the following reader
As with most reader files, there will be some spelling and formatting mistakes due to the conversion process.
The Star Book On Christian Baptism (Kindle format)
You can open the Kindle file with a Free Kindle Reader.
Click the name to download the free program to read Kindle files.
1. Once the Kindle reader is installed on your computer, click the title of the book in Kindle format.
2. To open and read: Click "Open" when asked and the book should open automatically for reading.
3. If you want to download the book to your computer so you can read it later:
Click Save when asked and save the file to a location where you can easily access it.
Whenever you want to read the book, access the file and Open it for reading.
The Star Book On Christian Baptism (epub Adobe Digital Editions format)
This copy is not recommended because of the multitude of formatting and spelling mistakes
commonly caused by the conversion process.
To open this edition you will need the free Adobe Digital Editions reader.
1. Click the name to go to the Adobe site, then click "Download now" to download the reader.
2. After you have downloaded the reader, then return here and click on the name of the epub format book.
3. Click Save when asked.
4. After download, if you are given the window with the button Open Folder, then click that button.
Otherwise manually open the folder where you saved the file.
Then right click the name of the file to drop down a menu..
5. Click Open With and select Adobe Digital Editions
can also simply read it online at:
book is to be read in its entirety during your attendance in this course.
It must be completed before you can take Test #8 at the end of this course.
5. After each lesson in the main textbook, return to this page and click the link in the boxes below to access the appropriate Lesson Test.
- Once you have completed all sections of the textbook and passed all of the corresponding tests, and found the correct answers to any questions missed on all of those tests, then you must submit a Finish Sign In form and a Closed Book Test Contract Form. After you have submitted Closed Book Test Contract Form you will automatically receive the Password and, upon receiving the Password, you may take the Final Test for the course. It is your responsibility to make sure you have met all requirements (attendance, passing grades on all Lesson tests, etc.) for the course before taking the Final Test. If you have not met all requirements, your Final Test will be disallowed, declared void, and will not be credited to your file.
- Once you pass the Final Test do not take it again.
- If you fail the final test then you need to restudy both the textbook and/or the KJV Bible, whichever is appropriate, and all of the section tests, and then retake the final test on or after the next day. Repeat this process until you pass the Final Test.
- If you miss any questions on the Final Test, whether you pass it or not, then you need to review the textbook and/or the KJV Bible, whichever is appropriate, and all of the section tests and find the correct answers to the questions you missed. This is a requirement of this and all other courses. Copies of all tests were automatically sent to you. You may use the correct answers, which are on all test copies, for reference to verify that you have found the correct answers in the study materials.
Before proceeding to the Final Test, you must
read and submit a Closed Book Test Contract Form,
if you have not previously done so for this course. This
form is required to obtain the Password for the Final Test.
Final test is "closed book" i.e., you may not use any
study materials while taking the final test; nor may
you have anyone assist you in any manner.